Aesthetic facial surgery includes a number of procedures aimed at correcting the size or shape, as well as facial rejuvenation. Today, almost all types of cosmetic facial surgery in Glasgow are performed on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia combined with intravenous sedation. In other words, hospitalization is not required.
Facial aesthetic surgery allows you to restore facial harmony and restore beauty to people with disharmonious features or emphasize the beauty of a person with normal features, emphasizing beauty canons (high cheekbones, harmoniously located nose, beautiful smile, etc.).
Contraindications to any plastic surgery include:
- Oncological diseases;
- Blood clotting disorders;
- Heart defects;
- Endocrine disorders;
- Age up to 18 years;
- Inflammation of the skin;
- Chronic internal diseases;
- Serious pathologies in the cardiovascular system;
- Mental illness
Types of facial aesthetic surgery
- Facelift is a popular cosmetic surgery, its goal is to rejuvenate the appearance, restore facial contours, eliminate wrinkles and folds, skin sagging. Age-related changes such as lowering the corners of the lips, a second chin, ptosis of the lower part of the face or upper eyelid make the face much older. The operation to tighten the skin of the face and neck is performed under general anesthesia and lasts four to five hours, depending on the front of work. The postoperative period takes an average of about three weeks. Edema after surgery subsides after two to three weeks. The entire face is restored within one and a half to two months. During this period, any physical loads are contraindicated for the patient. Since plastic surgery does not stand still and modern developments are constantly being conducted in this area, in recent years, endoscopic facelifting techniques have gained particular popularity. This type of operation involves a facelift through small incisions, which are located in areas invisible to other people. The operation is performed under general anesthesia, but one to three hours. Small cuts are located in the area of the hairline or taking into account the natural folds of the skin. Postoperative care after endoscopic facelift takes less time, and the result of the operation is more pronounced;
- Rhinoplasty (nose job) is a surgery to correct the external form of the nose. The essence of the plastic surgery of the nose is to change surgically the bone-cartilaginous structure of the nose or its individual parts in order to make the external nose more aesthetically beneficial form. In most cases, operations are performed under general anesthesia. Postoperative scars are located inside the nose. A small outer scar remains at the bottom of the nasal septum. After surgery, the patient remains in Confidence Cosmetic Surgery Glasgow for 2-3 days. Gypsum splint on the back of the nose is worn by the patient for 7-14 days. After the operation, there appear small bruises on the back of the nose and eyelids (they disappear within 10-14 days);
- Blepharoplasty is an operation to change the shape of the eyelids, eye cut. The indications for blepharoplasty are an overhang of the skin of the upper and lower eyelids, “fatty bags” of the eyelids, the omission of the lower corners of the eyes, the desire to change the shape and shape of the eyes. Excess skin and fat during surgery are removed through incisions in the natural folds of the eyes. Blepharoplasty is performed in a hospital under general anesthesia. Duration – from 2 to 3 hours. The rehabilitation period does not exceed 10-12 days;
- Forehead and eyebrows plastic surgery – their raising, omission, correction. With the traditional method, an incision is made, which runs seven centimeters behind the hairline. It starts approximately at the top of the auricle and runs across the top of the forehead behind the contour of the hairline to the other ear. Through this incision, the surgeon redistributes forehead tissues, changes and tightens the muscles of the frontal and supraorbital areas, removes excess fat, cuts off the required amount of skin in the upper region of the head, stitches up. Endoscopic lifting of the forehead and eyebrows is performed through 2-3 incisions no larger than 1.5 cm in size, which are hidden in the scalp. A surgeon introduces tools under the skin and also a miniature video camera that sends an image to the monitor. The skin of the forehead exfoliates from the bone, is stretched and fixed in a new position using special seams. Instead of removing part of the skin, it is redistributed. Internal fixation of the scalp replaces the movement of the skin back, performed with the traditional tightening, and, unlike the “open” method, nerve endings, hair follicles and blood vessels are injured much less. The use of endoscopic technology can also significantly reduce the duration of the operation. The rehabilitation period is minimal – 2-3 weeks. Postoperative swelling and bruising disappear after 2-3 weeks. And in a few months, the skin tissue normalizes completely.
- Mentoplasty is a plastic surgery to eliminate defects of the chin: correction of the shape and size, shaping the proportions of the face. Depending on the type of operation, an incision is made when mentoplasty is either external or on the inner side of the lower lip. Mentoplasty is divided into increasing and reducing operations. Chin correction surgery is performed, as a rule, under local anesthesia and is considered a low-impact surgical intervention. After surgical correction, the patient may feel discomfort, minor pain for 3-4 days. Swelling and soreness will disappear in 14-16 days. You can start work in a week after the operation. The final result can be assessed only after 1-3 months.
- Otoplasty is a cosmetic ear surgery. The purpose of the operation is the elimination of a cosmetic defect – lop-earedness (on one or both ears). The operation is performed under local anesthesia. The cartilage of the auricle is shaped into the correct shape, which is fixed by internal sutures.
Depending on the complexity of facial aesthetic surgery, the rehabilitation period also depends. As a rule, it lasts from a week to a month. At first, the patient observes a certain regimen: does not lift weights, wears special supporting underwear or bandages, carries out hygienic procedures and takes drugs from My Canadian Pharmacy. The final healing of surgical sites, the strengthening of implanted implants occurs in about six months. The results of any plastic surgery are considered final after this time. In most cases, the changes are saved for life; in the case of a struggle with age-related changes, it is necessary to repeat the operation after 5-10 years.
Plastic surgery is no longer a rarity – today anyone can correct facial imperfections at Confidence Cosmetic Surgery Glasgow.