Dermal fillers are injection fillers that are used to correct age-related changes or to correct aesthetic defects. The special composition of the preparation injected into the deep layers of the skin fills the missing, lost tissue. They are introduced into the region of the formed wrinkles, hollows. The procedure usually takes from 30 minutes to an hour. The area where the drug is injected is usually pre-anesthetized with a special agent or there is already an anesthetic in the preparation.
The effect depends on the composition of the drug and is often noticeable immediately after the correction.
- Correction of nasolabial folds;
- Chin and cheek augmentation;
- Correction and facelift;
- Face carcass formation;
- Non-surgical correction of nasal defects;
- Correction of the zygomatic region;
- Hypotrophic scars;
- Perioral wrinkles;
- Correction of age-related changes in the dorsum of the hands.
Recommended filler areas
- Cross wrinkles of the forehead (anxiety lines);
- Eyebrow area (frown lines);
- Nasolabial folds (smile lines);
- Perioral mini (purse mouth);
- Lip contour;
- Lip volume;
- Scars and post acne.
Types of fillers. The result of their use and long-term action
- Preparations based on hyaluronic acid are the most popular and dissolve in the dermis over time. Since hyaluronic acid is a natural component for the skin, such a drug is evenly distributed in the tissues, well corrects skin defects, does not cause allergic reactions or side effects and is almost not felt. The effect of such procedures lasts from six months to a year;
- Collagen-based dermal fillers. As you know, collagen is a protein, the main component of the connective tissues of our body, therefore, preparations based on this substance are similar in composition to our skin. Moreover, collagen tends to accumulate in tissues, so the risk of side effects is minimized, and the condition and appearance of the skin are improved. Human collagen fillers are often used to eliminate small facial wrinkles, small defects on the face, as well as in the brows. The drug, which contains pig collagen, is used to correct deeper facial wrinkles – nasolabial, eyebrow, aesthetically unattractive scars or scars. The duration of the corrective effect from collagen fillers is on average up to 3 months;
- Calcium hydroxyapatite fillers are denser than others, so they are often used to fill deep wrinkles and add extra volume. At the same time, due to the production of collagen and elastin in the tissues, they can improve the condition of the skin of the face, achieve its elasticity and perfect texture;
- Fillers based on polylactic acid are introduced deep into the skin tissue, therefore it acts more actively and continuously. Such fillers can correct both fine wrinkles and deep folds, scars, defects in various areas of the front surface: around the mouth, nasolabial folds, chin. Introduction of polylactic acid based fillers is not a one-time procedure. Therefore, it involves a course of 3-4 injections, which are introduced with an approximate interval of a month. The result is not immediately noticeable. It is visible after several sessions of drug administration, but then the period of its action lasts about 2 years.
What are the contraindications to dermal fillers?
Contraindications are common to all types of injection procedures in cosmetology. Injections should not be made if the patient has a skin rash, allergic reactions, eczema, infectious inflammations in the areas of drug administration, acute viral infections, autoimmune diseases, any exacerbations of chronic diseases, pregnancy and lactation, oncology.
What else should you know about dermal fillers?
The main thing is to carefully select the clinic and the specialist since medicine is always associated with certain risks. The more competent the doctor is, the greater the chances that the patient will get the desired effect from the procedure of introducing fillers and. Of course, the drug must be certified. Confidence Cosmetic Surgery Glasgow can guarantee that all their beauty products and drugs are high-quality, safe and certified.
For a competent and competent cosmetologist, information on drug statistics is always important; the cleaner it is, the more willing and confident the doctor will prescribe the drug and recommend it.
How often should this be done?
The aesthetic effect of the introduction of dermal fillers s noticeable immediately after the procedure. 2-3 months after the 1st injection, you can make an additional correction by injecting a small amount of the drug to achieve the desired result. The satisfactory aesthetic effect lasts for 18-24 months.